High Temperature Thermocouple
High Temperature Thermocouples are Designed to Operate in 1832°F (1000°C) to 4200°F (2315°C) Temperature Range.
- Type C (Tungsten Rhenium) and Type B, R or S (Platinum Rodium) thermocouples are the primary choices for highest temperature measurements with consistent performance. The selection of the best suited thermocouple alloy is extremely dependent upon the temperature range and atmosphere or environment (vaccum, inert, air, oxidizing, etc) of the application.
- Type C thermocouples have have the highest temperature capability up to 4200°F (2315°C) although must be used in a Vacuum or Inert atmosphere
- Type B thermocouples provide the highest temperature range in an Air and Oxidizing environments with 3,092°F (1700°) temperature on a continuous basis and up to 3,362°F (1850 °C) for short periods of time
- Type R and S thermocouples can operate in -58 to 2,700°F (-50 to 1480°C), although most times they are utilized at temperatures of 1800°F (1000°C) and higher due the thermocouple alloy having low per degree milivolt output at lower temperatures. Type R and S are resistant to oxidation in air although reducing atmospheres can be especially damaging.
- Type K thermocouples can be used in the 1832 to 2300°F range (1000 to 1260°C) with larger diameter wire and probe sheaths starting with 1/8" (.125") to 1/4" (.250") for shorter periods of time.
- The maximum continuous temperature for Type K is about 2,000°F (1,100°C) although the thermocouple alloy can function at higher temperature with special sheathing, high purity insulation and precise manufacturing methods
View all 0-25-inches-long 0.5-Meters-Long 12-inches 12-inches-long 125-inch-dia 18-inches 20 Inches Long 20-inches 24-gage-bare-wire-thermocouple-020-inch-diameter 24-inches 24-inches-long 250-inch-dia 30-gage-bare-wire-sensor-010-inch-diameter 36-gage-bare-wire-thermocouple-005-inch-diameter 40-gage-bare-wire-thermocouple-003-inch-diameter 48-inches 6-inches-long bare-wire-thermocouples beaded-wire-sensor beaded-wire-thermocouples-with-miniature-connectors c ceramic-insulated-thermocouples exposed high-temperature-thermocouple highest-temperature-thermocouple inconel-600 k mini-ceramic-connector mini-male-ceramic-connector mini-male-plastic-connector P30R-010 stainless-steel-304 standard-male-plastic-connector stripped-wire-leads T5R-003-12 T5R-005-12 T5R-010-12 T5R-010-18 T5R-010-24 tc-mi-cable-probe thermocouple thermocouple-probes thermocouple-probes-with-miniature-connectors Type C Thermocouple Connector type-b-thermocouples type-k-thermocouple-probes-with-miniature-connectors ungrounded
- Type C Thermocouple - Beaded Bare Wire Design - 30 Gage (.010") Diameter 12 Inches Long from $80.00
- Platinum Rhodium B Type Exposed Thermocouple 6 Inches Long - Fast Response 30 Gage (.010") Wire with Ceramic Bead Insulators and Miniature Male Ceramic Connector $295.00
- Type C Exposed Thermocouple 12 Inch and Longer Designs with Individual Alumina (Ceramic) Insulators provide Flexibility and Miniature Male Ceramic Connector Termination from $180.00
- Type B Thermocouples - Bare Wire Design - 30 Gage (.010") Diameter 6 to 24 Inches Long from $230.00
- Type K Thermocouple Probe 6 Inch Long 1/8" Diameter Stainless Steel Sheath Ungrounded with a Miniature Male Ceramic Connector $50.00
- Type C Thermocouple Exposed Junction 30 Gage Wire with Ceramic Alumina 1/8" Diameter Sheath 6 Inches Long and Miniature Connector from $95.00
- Type B Thermocouple (Platinum Rhodium) with a 6 Inch Long 1/8" Diameter Ceramic Sheath and 30 Gage (.010") Internal Wire with a Miniature Male Ceramic Connector $380.00
- Type C Bare Wire Thermocouple Fine Diameter 36 Gage (.005") 12 Inches Long $45.00
- Type C Thermocouple 30 Gage Wire with 12 Inch Long 1/8" Diameter Ceramic Insulator and Miniature Male Ceramic Connector $195.00
- Type K MI Cable Probe Inconel Sheath Ungrounded 1/4" Diameter 12 Inches Long with Standard Connector $55.00
- Type B Platinum Rhodium Exposed Thermocouple - Fast Response 30 Gage (.010") Wire with Ceramic Bead Insulators and Miniature Male Ceramic Connector $435.00
- Type C Thermocouple Micro Beaded 40 Gage (.003") Diameter 12 Inches Long $40.00
- Type C Thermocouple Super Fast Response 40 Gage Diameter Wire Exposed Junction and 1/8" Diameter Ceramic Alumina Insulator 6 Inches Long with Miniature Connector $90.00
- Type C Thermocouple Probe Exposed Junction 24 Gage Wire in a Ceramic Alumina 1/8" Diameter Sheath 6 Inches Long with Miniature Connector $135.00
- Type C Thermocouple Assembly 36 Gage Diameter Wire for Fast Response. Exposed Junction with a 1/8" Diameter Ceramic Alumina Insulator 6 Inches Long and Miniature Connector $90.00
- Type C Bare Wire Thermocouple Fine Diameter 36 Gage (.005") 20 Inches Long $65.00
- Custom Length Type C Thermocouple Micro Beaded 40 Gage (.003") Diameter 0.5 Meters (19.68") Long $60.00
- 4 ft Long Type C Thermocouple - Beaded Bare Wire Design - 30 Gage (.010") Diameter $220.00